Thursday 28 July 2011

A post in which I go dotty

So I got my hands on a large noticeboard for a mere £1
It wasn't pretty
And it had paint stains on the frame
So I de-constructed it and painted the frame 

Got some cheap blue fabric that I liked
Stretched it over and stapled it on at the back
Then I swiftly reassembled it with the help of  a little No More Nails
I say de-constructed and reassembled, the truth is more ripped it apart with
 hubby's help and a lot of swearing  sweating as well as a few tools 
and it actually took me ages to getting around to putting it back together.
Other than that it was a piece of cake! 
I hung it on the back of the kitchen door with eyes screwed in to the top and hooks on the door.
Bigger and better suited for all the bits of paper passing through here 
it replaced the small one that I adapted for the boys room.

I look at it now and think it would have been better with ribbons across like this, 
but I'll be darned if I take it apart again as I don't really fancy a fight with 
No More Nails that I suspect I'd lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment