Thursday 19 May 2011

From a box of treats to a treat box

I needed something nice looking to store the cat-treats in 
as they are always in the lounge 
and the glass jar they were in just didn't please my delicate eyes.
Enter this tin that briefly contained gorgeous chocolates 
brought back from Paris as a treat for my sweet, sweet children.

A quick spray paint later it was white and boring.
I tried painting lettering on it but with shaky hands that quickly went wrong.
After a few days with my thinking cap on I found a card with cats in a drawer, cut it to size, glued it to the top, rubbed transfer letters on (not without difficulty, hence the faded texture to some of them, but in the end that  kind of adds to its charm I think) and a coat of varnish later I had this...
Cute ne?
I am rather pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment