Monday 2 May 2011

Tissue box makeover




I  wear glasses and always keep cotton handkerchiefs around to wipe smudges off them, 
especially when I watch TV or use the computer. 
BUT, the clean ones get mixed up with used ones so I needed a nice way of storing the clean ones....
...cue the empty tissue box....
not very pretty in it self so I decided to dress it up a little

I deconstructed the box 


and glued music sheets on to cover 
(forgot to turn it over for a second photo, but I'm sure you'll  understand what I mean)
and cut off any excess before putting it back together with a bit of craft glue.


It looked a little bland still so I found a pretty ribbon and just tied it around the bottom for a final touch.
I haven't glued it on so I can change the ribbon to a different colour if I want a quick change.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Here it is in all it's glory, on a very ugly and messy desk.
Can you see it? It is there, right at the top!
See the little box in the bottom left of the cubbyholes? 
I'll show you the making of that in a separate post.
I am currently dealing with the state of that desk/office area as it is in the lounge and pretty much the first thing you see when you come in the house.
I'll keep you posted on the progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment