Sunday 22 May 2011

Notice me

 Re-using the little noticeboard we had in the kitchen.
I painted the frame white.
Cut the back out of an old shirt that was the right colour for the room it is going in.
 I hot glued and tucked the edges in around the frame, 
there was just enough of a gap to do this.
I then cut three pieces of scrap wood, two as in the picture above 
and one to go across as you can see below.
I hot glued all the sides together, first the small pieces to the frame last the front.
Before gluing I painted the pieces and wrote a quote with Felt tip (it was all I had at hand) then spray glossed the front to seal the writing.
There  were some gaps around the edges but I simply filled them with caulk and voila.... 
...a functional noticeboard with mail slot for the boys lounge. 
No more of their mail floating around the kitchen for days because they haven't noticed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment