The cubbyholes on my desk always accumulate bits,
bits that make it look untidy, various USB leads, notebooks, chargers and so on.
I found a couple of boxes that were a perfect fit and covered them in music sheets to make them look nice.
Actually I lie, the boxes didn't fit, at all,
I emptied lots of cereal boxes and other food boxes to find a fit
but all to no avail.
I had to somewhat reconstruct a few to get a fit I was happy with and in my frustration I never thought to
photograph my tormented struggles for your amusement!
So that will be left to your imaginations.
I thought the boxes looked OK but rather bland so I found some felt,
bought some beads, cut out some templates in paper...
used the templates to cut out felt flowers
then I stitched them all like this....
Then I tightened the thread
and fixed it to make the flowers more 3 dimensional....
then I stacked the flowers and added beads
stitched it ll together
and hot glued it to the front of the boxes.
Much prettier and I'm very pleased with my now much tidier desk